Gunnersbury Park has stayed open 7 days a week, from dawn until dusk all through lockdown, but without your help, we are facing a funding gap of £250k.
There are lots of ways that you can support us, whether you want to do something active, social or challenge yourself. Take a look at some of our suggestions below to spark ideas or get in touch for support and advice if you’ve got something in mind.
Let us know what you’re planning or chat through any questions by emailing us on email@example.com
Whatever you can do to show your love for Gunnersbury, we really appreciate your support – we couldn’t do it without you. #ForTheLoveOfGunnersbury
- Challenge yourself to run, walk or cycle a distance of your choice in a day, week or month and ask people to sponsor you
- If yoga, dancing or other fitness is more your thing, why not attempt to complete a streak of exercising every day? Bonus tip: let anyone who sponsors you more than £10 choose your activity for the next day!
- Test yourself and raise funds by giving up something – like alcohol or chocolate – for a week or month and ask everyone you know to support you with a donation
- If you’re celebrating a birthday or anniversary, why not suggest that family and friends make a donation, rather than buying a gift.
Get together (virtually)
- Host an online quiz – ask friends and family to donate to take part and host a fun quiz one evening
- Are you a singer, musician or can you give talks on history? Set up an online fundraising concert or event and donate the cost of tickets to join.
We have heard from you how important the park has been through lockdown:
“The park has been a life saver... somewhere to go for daily exercise, (see) other human beings (!), seeing all the gorgeous wildlife and watching the seasons change.”