Gunnersbury is looking for enthusiastic, motivated local people to apply to become trustees and a chair of the charity that runs the park.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for residents of Ealing and Hounslow to contribute to the local community and to help develop and shape one of the area’s most important and popular amenities. Please scroll down for the application form and you can read the information pack here.
Gunnersbury already has so much to offer –from our Grade II* listed heritage park to our history museum, our celebrations of life in West London and now our brand new sports pitches and children’s play areas.
But we’ve got ambitious plans for further improvements to the park. This includes an exciting programme that celebrates the rich culture and history of our local area – keeping Gunnersbury a destination all year round. To deliver this and to improve the way in which it’s run, Gunnersbury is integrating to become a charity.
We want to ensure that we build on our close relationships with local people and so we want our management board to be drawn from local communities.
For more information on the roles please download the Trustee Information Pack
Do you believe that you can help us to achieve our vision for Gunnersbury? If you have two or more of the following we would very much like to hear from you:
- knowledge and understanding of the local area and its diverse communities
- experience of working within or serving on the board of a public sector, not for profit or charitable organisation
- knowledge, understanding and experience of the heritage sector;
- experience of managing or commissioning services (for example relating to parks, museums, historic buildings, sports activities)
- experience in leisure, hospitality and/or events industries
- commercial/entrepreneurial expertise
- expertise in one of: fundraising, communications/marketing, community engagement, heritage and cultural sector, public parks and green spaces, accountancy, project management/strategic planning, or HR
For the role of Chair we are looking for someone who will also bring strategic drive, has a high level of integrity, excellent facilitation skills, prior board experience, an understanding of both commercial and not for profit sectors, as well as appreciation of and commitment to the public service/stewardship role.
To ensure an effective and credible Board we wish to achieve a gender balance, as well as diversity in terms of ethnicity and cultural background. For the same reasons, applications are welcome from people of all ages, and from people with disabilities, and we are committed to providing reasonable access adjustments as required.
To apply to become a trustee please fill in the below form and upload your CV or send a hard copy (CV and a cover letter - max length 2 side A4) to Office of the Gunnersbury Museum & Park Development Trust Charity, Gunnersbury Park House, Popes Lane, London, W5 4NH
Please complete your application by the closing date: Friday 9 September at 5.00pm
Interview dates are TBC but expected to be in early October