School visits during COVID-19
Here at Gunnersbury we have been working hard to ensure you and your school can visit us safely.
Gunnersbury Park Museum reopened to the public on 3rd July 2021, and we are taking bookings from schools to visit the museum in the Autumn Term of 2021 and beyond.
We are continuing to note and respond to changes in the government’s announcements regarding lifting the various Covid restrictions from summer 2021. We are also aware of changes in how schools will respond to any Covid-related incidents in future. We are constantly reviewing and updating our risk assessments and procedures accordingly. If you have specific queries or concerns just let us know.
For visiting school groups, we will continue to ensure that you and your school can visit us safely and we depend on your support and income now more than ever.
Your safety is paramount and we have made a number of adjustments to our usual procedures.
- School groups can book to visit us on any week day inclusive of Monday to Friday even though the museum is currently closed to the general visiting public on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- From Monday 13 September 2021 onwards you can make school visits and choose from all our usual workshops.
- When not in workshops you will now also be able to arrange to spend time in our galleries according to an itinerary that will be emailed to you.
- We have over 186 acres of parkland to use for our outdoor workshops such as Stone Age Survival or Dig For Victory or Storytelling and Science and we are now able to deliver a new outdoor learning workshop called ‘Numeracy in Nature’ for Key Stage One classes.
- We will continue to offer to deliver some of our workshops as outreach versions at your school, for example, we can deliver Victorian Child for Key Stage Two classes or we can deliver a Toys and Games workshop for Key Stage One classes. You can ask us for other topics such as Romans or World War Two as outreach workshops and Vikings as a loans box and online resource.
- We continue to offer all of our workshops in a flexible way to accommodate your needs where-ever possible.
Your students will have an inspiring day that will powerfully introduce a topic or consolidate their existing knowledge. This is surely the best way to enable them to continue catching up effectively.
We recommend that you make your booking now or as soon as possible for the Autumn Term 2021 and the Spring Term 2022 to get the visit dates you would like.
“The extra staffing, changing of your opening days for public/schools, cleanliness, use of face masks etc were really good. The way you used the larger space for the…workshop and cleverly moved from location to location to observe social distancing was so flawless that the children wouldn’t have noticed you were distancing and actually the movement complemented the workshop itself. In these uncertain times to be able to go on a school trip in itself was brilliant but I commend you all on your efforts to keep your workshops as engaging as possible with safety measures in place.”