School visits during COVID-19
Here at Gunnersbury we have been working hard to ensure you and your school can visit us safely.
For 2022 and beyond, our Formal Learning team are busy taking bookings from schools to visit the museum and we are continuing to work hard to ensure you and your school can visit us safely.
In an ongoing basis, we will note and respond to any updates in government guidance about COVID-19 as well as aiming to maintain an awareness of any related risks in future. We regularly review our risk assessments and will update our procedures if and when necessary. If you have specific queries or concerns just let us know.
Your safety is paramount and we have made a number of adjustments to our usual procedures.
- There are lots of opportunities to learn safely in an outdoor setting at Gunnersbury Park as we have over 186 acres of parkland to use. Our exciting outdoor workshops include topics such as Stone Age Survival or Dig for Victory or Numeracy in Nature.
- Our Learning Team staff will continue to wear face coverings when helping groups to move around the building.
- Learning Team staff will continue be aware of maintaining suitable levels of social distancing when they are with groups and individuals that are moving around the building.
- We will remind groups about our procedures and facilities, and ensure there are suitable levels of ventilation, hand sanitiser and facilities for hand-washing available.
- We can still deliver some of our workshops as outreach versions at your school, for example, Victorian Child for Key Stage Two classes or Toys and Games workshop for Key Stage One classes.
- Ask us about opportunities for a remote workshop, online resources and a Vikings loans box.
- We will continue to offer our different learning services in a flexible way, share information clearly with you and try to accommodate your needs where-ever possible.
Your students will have an inspiring day that will powerfully introduce a topic or consolidate their existing knowledge. This is surely the best way to enable them to continue catching up effectively.
We recommend that you make your booking now or with as much advance notice as possible in order to get the visit dates you would like.
“The extra staffing, changing of your opening days for public/schools, cleanliness, use of face masks etc were really good. The way you used the larger space for the…workshop and cleverly moved from location to location to observe social distancing was so flawless that the children wouldn’t have noticed you were distancing and actually the movement complemented the workshop itself. In these uncertain times to be able to go on a school trip in itself was brilliant but I commend you all on your efforts to keep your workshops as engaging as possible with safety measures in place.”
Stay safe and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
For more details and a booking form click here
or email firstname.lastname@example.org